The Director of Care Coordination provides leadership and direct oversight for Case Management, Social Work Services, and Clinical Documentation Improvement for the multi-hospital system. Services include: Utilization Management, Care Coordination, Discharge Planning, Denials Management, Social Services; and Transitions of Care.
- Responsible for coordinating/managing patient centered care activities for patients, guides the department in achieving its regulatory compliance and continuous improvement goals and maintaining a collaborative relationship with the medical and nursing staff to assist with the development and provision of quality patient care.
- Responsible for development, implementation and interpretation of policies for the health system within the Care Coordination disciplines including Care Management, Discharge Planning, Social Services, Utilization Review, and CDI.
- Provides the skill and expertise to assist in the design and execution of the clinical continuum of Case Management for all patients.
- Develops, implements, and supports a Case Management/Care Coordination program with the functional integration of pre-admission screening, staff education, inpatient and post -acute case management. Provides consultative services in the areas of clinical process redesign, development for facilities, system leaders, and clinical staff.
- Assists in the design/development of standardized reports relative to acute episodes of care by physician, payer, diagnosis, MS-DRG, MDC, utilization, as well as variable direct and indirect costing methods to provide practical tools for providers to monitor medical resource consumption and assist in maximizing clinical quality and financial outcomes.
- Develops educational programs and tracking systems to maintain gains made with care coordination interventions, to include documentation initiatives.
This multi-site hospital system is a non-union, community-based health system with a flagship hospital consisting of more than 600 beds. The Health System provides a full range of services including cancer, cardiology, robotic and minimally invasive surgery, the region’s most advanced trauma center, bloodless medicine, home health care, sleep medicine, occupational medicine, spine/pain care, therapy and women’s services. They are extremely committed to providing excellent care for the community and to providing an excellent environment for their employees.