The Director of Clinical Services for Heart and Vascular develops, implements and administers the service line strategic business and financial plans in accordance with organizational strategic plan, integrating them into the daily program operations.
- Create regional service business growth by utilizing marketing creativity. Identify and evaluate all possible sources of patients. Together with physician partners, cultivate sources of referrals. Oversees design and promotion of patient responsive services.
- Responsible for the overall management of the department’s daily operations to achieve quality improvement, fiscal, productivity and patient satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders, including members of the medical staff, to achieve desired clinical, financial, and people outcomes for patients, staff, and the hospital.
- In collaboration with Medical Directors, and other members of the interdisciplinary team, identify changes needed within department and implement, manage and evaluate the change process.
- Ensures the delivery of patient care occurs in a safe, clean, well-equipped environment. Seek to incorporate the use of new technologies and methods to improve clinical outcomes, productivity and organizational effectiveness. Challenge current processes to identify more cost-effective methods.
- In collaboration with other Clinical Service Leaders defines and guides nursing practice, including policies and procedures, nursing competencies and credentialing.
About the organization:
The 371-bed general medical surgical hospital has received Magnet designation and is consistently ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s 10 Best Hospitals. The hospital annually averages 21,520 admissions, over 5,800 inpatient and 13,700 outpatient surgeries and more than 80,000 emergency room visits. It is part of the nation’s second-largest Catholic Health System.