The Director of Pharmacy directs, establishes, and plans the overall policies and goals for the hospital’s pharmacy services. Maintains contact with other department heads, medical staff, and nursing staff to determine needs, resolve problems, improve processes, and promotes effective drug therapy. The Director of Pharmacy is a working manager position with time spent providing assistance to staff if required by staffing levels. The Director of Pharmacy will have a Bachelor’s degree with a PharmD preferred, a WA State Pharmacy license, and 5 years of acute care hospital inpatient supervisory experience preferably in a union environment.
- The Director of Pharmacy will supervise employees in the areas of acute care and IV therapy.
- Responsible for 24-hour accountability for all areas of the budget, policy and program development and implementation.
- Work with medical staff to ensure optimal functioning of the department.
- Participate in medical staff committees.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a unionized setting is preferred.
- Excellent leadership capability must be demonstrated in previous employment.
The 100+-bed community-based acute care hospital has been in existence for 130 years and provides comprehensive patient care services for the tight-knit community of Aberdeen, Washington. The city is located on the beautiful coast and is the economic center of the County.