The Director of Quality and Outcomes is responsible for leadership and strategic direction, oversight, and coordination of the departments and functions of: Utilization Management, Quality Management to include Clinical Outcomes, Risk Management, Infection Control, Accreditation, Social Services and Service Quality to include Patient Satisfaction and Clinical Support. In addition, the Director of Quality and Outcomes regularly collaborates with Medical Staff, Hospital Leadership, and outside agents to collect and analyze hospital data, implement strategies and manage outcomes to provide cost effective, quality safe healthcare delivery. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff, physicians, and external groups including regulators, payors, and accrediting bodies. The Director of Quality and Outcomes will have an RN license, a Master’s degree, and 3 years of management experience in acute care hospitals with CPHQ certification preferred.
- Leads staff, management and physician committees in setting related goals to ensure seamless quality family centered care throughout the health-illness continuum.
- Leads and directs initiatives to improve patient and hospital operations and service quality.
- Delegates effectively by entrusting responsibility and authority to others.
- Assumes administrator on-call responsibilities.
- Sets goals and objectives and develops an implementation system to reach those goals.
- Leads development of strategies for creative and futuristic planning for delivery of services.
- Collaborates with medical staff, executives, hospital leaders, and hospital staff to assure goals are in congruence.
- Directs utilization of human, financial and physical resources within constraints of operating indicators.
- Serves as internal expert in data management and develops related skills of others.
- Appropriately utilizes benchmarking data to lead the delivery of high quality and cost-effective patient care which is in concert with the philosophy of the Hospital.
- Ensures the timely, complete and accurate exchange of information (written and verbal) and ideas. Informs senior management of pertinent information. Serves as a communication link between management, staff, and outside agents as needed.
- Serves as a content expert to the Board of Trustees and prepares reports that are professionally written and provide an accurate interpretation of the information.
This nearly 200-bed full-service acute care hospital has been in existence since 1919 and is part of a well-known hospital system. It is located in West Houston and serves Katy and surrounding communities. The hospital has received numerous awards and recognition including Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center; Exemplary Five Star Award from the Texas Department of State Health Services; Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation from the American College of Radiology; and American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: StrokeSM Honor Roll Elite.