The Operating Room (OR) Manager delivers care to the patient through utilization of the nursing process, which include but is not limited to assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation in the surgical area. The Operating Room (OR) Manager will have a RN license, a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a minimum of 2 years of circulating nurse experience in acute care or ambulatory surgery facility.
- The Operating Room (OR) Manager promotes a high level of patient, physician, staff and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates patient care in the surgical area as an advocate through collaboration with all patient service departments.
- Utilizes interdisciplinary input to delegate and implement the appropriate plan of care during the intraoperative phase.
- Provides quality patient care in accordance with hospital policies and procedures and established patient care standards and practice.
- Demonstrated skills in communication, conflict resolution and human relations.
- Exhibits a team approach.
- Knowledgeable of fiscal, general healthcare issues, trends, quality management and legal aspects of nursing practice and standards.
- Possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public.
The Operating Room (OR) Manager will be joining a 168-bed community healthcare provider that provides a broad range of healthcare services, including inpatient and outpatient care, diagnostic imaging and emergency, medical and surgical care. From brain and spine surgery, minimally invasive and robotic surgery and open-heart surgery to access to preventive and primary care through their integrated delivery system, the hospital strives to offer quality medical care to the friends and neighbors located in Las Cruces, Dona Ana County and throughout Southern New Mexico. As an accredited Chest Pain Center, an accredited Joint Replacement Center, an accredited Stroke Center and an accredited Bariatric Surgery Center, they are committed to offering nationally recognized care.
The hospital believes in the power of people to create an exceptional healthcare experience. With more than 1200 employees and nearly 250 physicians on staff representing over 50 medical specialties, we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community they call home.