The Pharmacist Clinical Specialist – Oncology provides comprehensive oncology pharmaceutical care through program oversight, integrated drug distribution, patient counseling and teaching. The Pharmacist Clinical Specialist – Oncology will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy (BS Pharm) with a Doctoral Degree (PharmD) preferred and one year of experience in a hospital setting.
- The Pharmacist Clinical Specialist – Oncology develops the expanding Adult and Pediatric Oncology Program.
- Work closely with all members of the care team in policy development, workflow management and continuing education activities.
- Utilize automation experience with knowledge of reporting features (i.e., optimization, load/unload, nursing narcotic access, etc.).
- Work with an electronic health record (EHR) to document patient episodes of care.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
The Pharmacist Clinical Specialist – Oncology will be joining a 454-bed hospital Joint Commission accredited hospital that provides quality healthcare to the residents of Summerlin and the Las Vegas area. Located in a premier master-planned community, it is one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in southern Nevada, providing residents with the services of the Children’s Medical Center, the Heart Center, a Joint Commission accredited Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center, the Birthplace for women and children, the Breast Care Center and the Robotic Surgery Institute, featuring the da Vinci® XI Surgical System.
The hospital also has adjoining outpatient services for surgery, laboratory and radiology as well as medical offices for physicians of many specialties. The hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services and emergency care including a dedicated pediatric emergency room.
The hospital is part of the nation’s largest hospital management companies with more than 350 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers across the U.S. that continually stays focused on making health a positive and local experience.