This permanent Sterile Processing Department (SPD) Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Sterile Processing Department, ensuring the proper cleaning, preparation, sterilization, and distribution of surgical instrumentation and SPD supplies.
- Ensures the timely processing and delivery of sterile instrumentation to the operating room and other clinic areas.
- Supervises SPD staff and facilitates, stimulates, and evaluates human resources to provide quality, cost-efficient processing and supply service to the OR and ancillary services.
- Collaborates with OR Manager and Service Line leaders to update procedure-specific pick lists and tray lists used to prepare for scheduled surgical procedures.
- Facilitates ordering and receiving instrumentation, record keeping, and instrument processing and case cart preparation and delivery.
- Assists in developing, updating and maintaining policies and procedures in accordance with the Joint Commission, AAMI, AORN, and OSHA guidelines to ensure proper cleaning, preparation, sterilization and distribution of surgical instrumentation and SPD supplies.
- Award-winning acute-care hospital offering advanced medical care for residents throughout the Inland Empire region.
- Full range of medical, obstetrical, and surgical services, including open heart, vascular, neurosurgery and urgent care.
- Treats more than 200,000 patients each year, and is the busiest paramedic receiving center in San Bernardino County.