This year, healthcare’s explosive growth has dominated other industries by maintaining it’s position as the fastest growing industry so far in 2019. Beyond it’s rapid growth, take a look back at our three most viewed articles in April to see what is trending amongst healthcare leaders:
- According to a recent survey by Definitive Healthcare, industry consolidation was listed as the most important trend of 2019.
- Of those surveyed, 25.2% of respondents listed consolidation as the most important trend with 14.4% of respondents listed consumerism as the second most important.
- 35% of mergers and acquisitions occurred in the long-term care field1
- A recent study found that the national average turnover rate for bedside RN’s was 16.8% in 2017.
- The determinants of job satisfaction change throughout a nurse’s career.
- Different approaches to career progression based on tenure vs. accomplishments can help keep nurses at the bedside1.
- Last month, healthcare continued to grow at an explosive rate as it added 49,000 new jobs, more than double the 21,000 jobs added in February.
- Unemployment remained historically low at 3.8%.
- Healthcare was the fastest growing industry again in March as it added 49,000 new workers1.